Thursday 14 May 2009

8-10 May Moldova PRIDE

So with 3 hours sleep off I head for the hotel and a quick shower then to arrive at the conference... fascinating with a round table of people from not only Moldova but many of the former Soviet republics so that the lingua franca is...Russian. Places I have never met people from before....and there they are Azerbaijan, Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Armenia, the Ukraine and St Petersburg...

In the afternoon we have the PRIDE House, you know what, I kind of join in I can hear the Russian words and the LGBT words a la russe so I can kind of piece together what might be going on but in my head I am back in the classroom "31 years ago"declining my verbs and case endings...it is totally surreal and anyway after @ 3hours sleep on the train my eyelids are dropping and in the end I head upstairs for SLEEP.

Bit of a disco that night and I am remarkably fresh, all things considered...theyƗe auctioning one off T shirts and I get one with a fabulous design of a woman dancing, one of 6 fabulous unique designs for Moldova PRIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment